Sunday, February 28, 2010

Incredible String Project



For me string instruments will always be the perfect tool for expression. I'm currently writing a new album I hope to have released this spring. It will be an avant garde acoustic album. 

One of the reasons for releasing Carnival of Light was in hopes of financing my new project. I could really use a better signal chain. By that I mean 1 or 2 nice microphones along with a nice channel strip/mic preamp or 2. 

One other thing that would make an album more interesting would be a couple more string instruments I do not possess. I'm not entirely sure what I would use but there are certain instruments I am fond of. 

One is the Mandolin. Ultimately I'd love to have a Weber Yellowstone HT but would settle for a simple more available Weber. 

Another is the Octave Mandolin. Again I'd go with a Weber. And again although one of the real fancy ones would be nice a simple one would do the job. 

Currently I have a nice Classical guitar(pictured), Martin D-28. My sole microphone is a Bluebird by Blue fed into a Joe Meek 3Q mic preamp. I have a convolution reverb plugin as well as other effects if needed. 

Mostly I could improve the very cheap signal chain. The 2 instruments would make for a nice thick sound. I do a lot of finger style but love to fire in with the crimson sound of a thick rhythm section. Any patrons of the arts or investors interested feel free to contact me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment